- Tips for Choosing a Trimmer for the Bikini Area
- Just What is a Brazilian Style?
- What You Should Know: Special Tips for Epilating Brazilian Style
- Best Way to Epilate Your Bikini Area
- Tips for Choosing an Epilator for the Bikini Area
- Best Epilator for Bikini
- Best Bikini Shaver – Electric
- Best Epilator for Brazilian
- Best Epilator for Bikini Area
- Best Razor for Bikini Area
- Best Bikini Trimmer for Sensitive Skin
- Best Bikini Trimmer for Coarse Hair
- Best Epilator for Coarse Hair
Let’s be honest, if you have a very sensitive skin, then shaving might not work for you down there or if you’re just not into buying a new razor EVERY TIME you have to shave your bikini area.
That’s why investing in the best bikini trimmer or epilator is an excellent idea for 2018!
Ultimately the method a girl uses to remove unwanted hair from the bikini area is a matter of personal choice and preferences. So, let’s look at the pros and cons of each option.
- Shaving is fast, easy, and painless.
- Razors are easy to find.
- Hair grows back and can be seen the next day.
- Need water to shave
- Can irritate the skin.
- Shaving has more impact on the environment since you throw razors away frequently and manufacturing metal and plastic has an impact also.
- Epilating lasts for weeks and leaves the skin smooth.
- Epilating is cost and environmentally friendly, you only need the epilator and a source of power to be hair-free for many years.
- Epilating is painful.
- You must have access to a power source.
Tips for Choosing a Trimmer for the Bikini Area
ELECTRIC RAZORS OR ELECTRIC SHAVERS
They’re a good choice for someone who wants a sustainable razor they can use outside of the shower. They do make wet/dry shavers if you prefer to use in the shower. This type of razor is generally bulkier than manual razors and can pose a challenge shaving the finely detailed bikini area.
This type of shaver may work better on legs. You will never get as smooth a shave with an electric shaver as you will with a manual razor, however, some women perfect the electric style because you can’t cut yourself easily with an electric razor.
BATTERY OPERATED UNITS
They are usually less expensive and they can go anywhere, for last minute touch ups. They can be tossed in an overnight bag or makeup case, making them convenient. You do need to consider the fact that you will need to buy and replace batteries, and that these trimmers usually cannot go in the shower.
They can be corded or cordless. Cordless units can usually go in the shower, making cleanup afterward a non-issue. A corded model will not need batteries at all, so it is always ready to use as long as you are near a power source.
You need a smaller, maneuverable trimmer for the bikini area. Look for one that is light and has a trimmer head about an inch wide, but not much wider.
Just What is a Brazilian Style?
There are variations on this style that involve leaving some of the pubic hair in place. If you are really adventurous, there are even stencils (link to Amazon.com) to guide you while shaping and designing you perfect pubic hair style.
Whatever your personal preference, shaving and epilating will allow you to create your preferred style.
What You Should Know: Special Tips for Epilating Brazilian Style
- It is going to hurt. Start with the area farthest from your intimate area, as this hurts the least. Then work your way in.
- Use a serum afterward. The pubic area is especially prone to bumps and ingrown hair. A top rated serum many professionals recommend is European Wax Center Ingrown Hair Serum.
- Do not perform this style if you use Accutane. This acne treatment alters skin texture and can cause irritation.
- The area around the bum actually hurts the least.
- You should wait a day, or at least overnight before working out or being intimate after you epilate the area. The area will be very sensitive and the follicles are vulnerable until they heal.
- Sweat combined with activity can introduce bacteria into follicles where the hair has just been removed. This does not apply to shaving or trimming, however. With shaving and trimming, you can resume your normal routine.
Best Way to Epilate Your Bikini Area
Tips for Choosing an Epilator for the Bikini Area
- Consider the power source. Your first time epilating the bikini area will take some time, plus, the hair is coarse and hard to remove. The best epilator for bikini will probably be a corded model because they have an unlimited supply of power and are usually stronger and pull coarse hair well.
- Choose a small epilator that is easy to maneuver. You don’t want your hand getting tired and there is not a ton of surface area in the pubic region, so you don’t need a lot of tweezers. You do need to get around small highly curved areas, so an epilator with a smaller epilating field will be better.
- You must be able to see what you are doing. An epilator with a built in light will help a lot.
- An epilator with a trimmer will come in handy if you need to trim the hair first, before epilating.
TOP 8 BEST EPILATORS, BEST BIKINI SHAVERS AND BIKINI TRIMMER REVIEWS
Best Epilator for Bikini
Best Bikini Shaver – Electric
Best Epilator for Brazilian
Best Epilator for Bikini Area
Best Razor for Bikini Area
Best Bikini Trimmer for Sensitive Skin
Best Bikini Trimmer for Coarse Hair
Best Epilator for Coarse Hair
We hope our guide has helped you decide which is the best bikini trimmer, razor and epilator for your bikini area.