- Why Purchase a Crossbody Bag? Is My Carry-On Bag Not Enough?
- What to Look for When Buying The Best Crossbody Travel Bags?
- Top 7 Best Crossbody Travel Bags 2018
- Baggallini Everywhere Bagg
- Hedgren Women’s Inner City Metro Crossbody Bag
- Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Messenger Bag, Black
- Baggallini Provence Crossbody
- Tumi Women’s Voyageur Canton Crossbody Bag, Black
- NeatPack Crossbody Bag for Women with Anti-Theft RFID Pocket
- Lecxci Women’s Small Leather Crossbody Bag
- Putting It All Together
Traveling soon? Looking for a bag that you can take from the airport to the city streets? Then look no further girl, in this article I’ll be reviewing the best crossbody travel bags that are not only packed with awesome features but are oh so stylish!
Having travelled to some of the world’s busiest airports (shout out to LAX and La Guardia!), I observed that part of the reason why the check-in counter lines are long is because of people scrambling through their bags looking for the stuff they need (passport, notebook containing their booking code, a printed copy of their itinerary, IDs, etc.).
Wouldn’t it be great if we could easily access everything we need without hassling other people (especially if they’re late for their flight!)?
The solution is pretty simple, get yourselves some good travel crossbody bags!
Why Purchase a Crossbody Bag? Is My Carry-On Bag Not Enough?
Airlines allow their passengers to bring a personal item apart from their carry-on, provided that this item is smaller than the carry-on bag. This is where crossbody bags enter.
They have the right size to store travel essentials that you’d need for the trip without having to dig into your big bag of secrets (aka your carry-on, which will probably end up stowed away on the overhead bin).
By the way, you can stay secretive by getting good packing cubes for carry-on, as to assure that your underwear doesn’t fly out when your bag is checked by TSA.
Anyway, good crossbody bags are:
- Small in size and can be used handsfree – It’s the perfect size to comfortably sling across your body so you can use your two hands for other things (like sippin’ a cup of coffee, dragging your trolley, taking out your makeup bag and retouching your makeup, taking a selfie or carrying shopping bags!).
- Keeping your important travel documents and other items easily accessible –It may be small, but the best crossbody bags for travel have lots of compartments perfect for placing and easily locating important items. Need a pen? Ahhh, here it is! Need my passport? Here ya go!
- Anti-Theft – Since you’re wearing the bag across and as close as possible to your body, thieves would have a hard time snatching it from you (unlike with shoulder bags which seem like an easy case for them). I also love that I can keep it in front of me and never have to worry about pickpockets (yes, I’m paranoid, even judgmental sometimes. I can’t help it, it’s just hard to trust people nowadays!), especially when touring crowded places.
What to Look for When Buying The Best Crossbody Travel Bags?
I’ve been a crossbody bag convert since 2015. I use crossbody bags not only during flights and tours but also on a daily basis (going to work, doing groceries, running errands).
It’s so much more convenient to bring this bag compared to my big, old shopper tote. It’s easy to see why this type of bag is favored by commuters, city dwellers and bikers!
When looking for the best crossbody bag, consider the following:
Whether you’d use it for trips or on a daily basis, a good bag should have excellent quality fabric/leather, zippers, buckles, straps, and stitches. I bought a cheap one before (a faux leather crossbody messenger bag) and it didn’t even last a day before the zipper broke.
Apart from that, it took less than a month before the “leather” started peeling and the top handle coming apart. I definitely got what I paid for *sigh*.
It makes cleaning easier plus you don’t have to worry about getting the contents of your bag wet, in case of accidental spills or sudden rain showers.
Not all of us are gifted with towering heights, thus we need a bag that can adjust to comfortably fit us whatever size we may be. —Thumbelina (just kidding, that’s just how my friends called me when I was younger.)
Who wants compartments? I want compartments!—Is something Oprah would probably shout when shopping for a crossbody bag.
But really, who wouldn’t? Compartments are a great tool to keep your things organized. From pockets to divisions inside the bag, I want them all!
Ok, maybe I’m watching Scam City a lot, but as they say, “prevention is better than cure”. We’ll never know what kind of people we’ll encounter in and out of the country, so it’s best to come prepared.
No need to wait until you get robbed before you buy something that could’ve prevented that from happening in the first place.
It’s good if it comes in a design that fits your style well, whether you dress up or down. I actually keep a variety of crossbody bags to fit different occasions (no, I’m not a hoarder—tosses all 6 bags under the bed).
I just hate it when I open my bag and the lining is so dark that I can barely see my stuff inside, it’s like digging into a black hole! A lighter inner lining totally helps to make my things more visible so I can easily locate the things I need.
P.S. –In case you can’t help it and got a black interior lined bag, you can get those teeny tiny bag lights, they help a lot! Like this Wasserstein handbag light. (link to Amazon.com)
Crossbody bags are definitely a must-have for anyone who loves to travel. They’re a great travel accessory that can serve you well on your awesome adventures or even on your daily commute or bike to the office (something I did during a quick stint in Germany). They also provide you an organized storage for your important things with a serving of security on the side.
So, move over fancy fanny packs, crossbody bags are here for their comeback and they’re staying for good!
Top 7 Best Crossbody Travel Bags 2018
Putting It All Together
The best crossbody bags for travel (reviewed above) are an awesome addition to your whole travel arsenal. They’re super convenient to use and keep your things easily accessible and safe, perfect to bring in all your adventures (even grocery shopping is considered an adventure in my book)!
It allows you to focus more on the experience and worry less about your bag, I super love it! Are you a fellow crossbody bag fanatic? Which bag is your favorite? Feel free to comment or recommend your own faves in the comments section below.
Looking forward to hearing from y’all, ciao bellas!