More and more people are opting for home wax warming kits.
When you can buy one yourself for the cost of one bikini wax, why would you want to go to the salon?
This article is going to introduce you to the best wax warmers available now so that you can become your own salon therapist and save money and time in the process.
I’ve also got some tips on how to choose the best wax warmer for your needs at the end, so if you don’t know where to start, read that section first.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases if you shop through the links on MissCoty. For more information, read full disclosure here.
- Top 12 Best Wax Warmers (2023 Reviews)
- Lavany Wax Warmer
- Makartt Wax Warmer Machine
- Lifestance Wax Warmer Kit
- Yeelen Wax Heater
- Gigi Student Starter Hair Removal Kit
- Koval Inc. Deluxe Professional Double Wax Warmer
- Satin Smooth Professional Single Wax Warmer
- Gigi Space Saver Hair Removal Wax Warmer
- Salon Sundry Hot Wax Warmer
- Femiro Home Waxing Kit
- BFULL Wax Warmer
- iMeshbean Roll-on Wax Heater
- How to Choose the Best Wax Warmer for Your Needs
- Tips for a Successful Wax
Top 12 Best Wax Warmers (2023 Reviews)
Lavany Wax Warmer
An attractive machine with a safety temperature cut-off to prevent scalding, this device is widely considered to be one of the best wax warmers.
The kit comes with four bags of scented hard wax beads but is suitable for melting all types of wax.
It melts evenly and is easy to clean, with a removable pot and a clear lid to view the wax whilst preventing dust contamination.
- LCD Temperature control panel for accurate heating.
- Four different wax scents and applicator sticks included.
- The wax supplied is good quality and comes well recommended.
- Clear cover and removable pot.
- You need to purchase soft wax and strips separately, meaning this kit isn’t ideal for legs or arms out of the box.
This is a reliable kit with easy-to-read temperature control and a good heat range. It could be the best wax warmer for hard wax.
Makartt Wax Warmer Machine
This wallet-friendly option provides many of the same features as the more expensive products, but on a budget.
You’ll still find a removable bucket for easy cleaning, a stainless steel rod inside the bucket for removing excess wax during the application, and an automatic cut-off for maintaining the wax temperature during usage.
- Very Affordable.
- Clear lid and a removable bucket for ease of use.
- Temperature control to ensure wax doesn’t overheat.
- Suitable for all wax types.
- Takes between 20 and 40 minutes to heat up.
- Temperature control can be a little tricky to use as it initially switches itself off whilst in the heating-up process, meaning you may think it isn’t working properly.
For beginners to waxing, if you’re happy to wait half an hour or so for your wax to heat up, then at this price you’ll be able to try out home waxing without too much commitment.
This is one of the best budget electric wax warmers.
Lifestance Wax Warmer Kit
A smart-looking wax warmer with a higher temperature range for faster warming, the Lifestance Wax Warmer Kit is very well-made.
The 14 oz. aluminum wax pot is removable for easy cleaning and is a good size for people doing larger waxing jobs, and the temperature control has an indicator light so you know when the pot has reached the temperature you want.
- Heats up wax quickly (sub-10 minutes) when using the highest heat setting.
- It comes with three packs of natural wax beads.
- Temperature gauge.
- Melts fast but you’ll need to drop the temperature and wait for the wax to be suitable for use.
- The lid is black.
For waxers in a hurry, this is a great choice because it will heat up quickly and evenly. However, you need to lift the lid to view the wax.
Yeelen Wax Heater
This pretty machine will brighten up your bathroom. It comes with a generous amount of hard wax beans with rosemary essential oil which is ideal for sensitive skin.
This is another machine with a high-temperature range so your wax will be thoroughly melted in 8 minutes, but you’ll need to be careful not to burn yourself.
- Ease of use with clear lid and removable pot.
- Melts wax quickly to save you time.
- Suitable for all wax types.
- Wax contains natural rosemary essential oil.
- Maximum temperature of 240 but will automatically shut off at this point and drop right down to 160, meaning you may need to wait to get the wax to your desired temperature if you walk away from the machine.
This is an easy-to-use machine that has all the features you would look for in a more high-end product and comes with all-natural wax so it provides good value for money.
Gigi Student Starter Hair Removal Kit
This is a professional salon-grade wax warmer, with everything you need to get started with waxing at home. It comes with wax, applicators, strips, pre and post-wax skin treatments, and a top-quality warmer.
The warmer has a see-through cover that is easy to remove and can be used to warm most kinds of hard and soft wax. It heats the wax in 30 minutes and has lights that indicate when the wax is ready.
- Simple on-off function.
- The products included work well and smell great.
- USA-made product.
- Temperature cannot be varied to match your particular skin so if you find you need your wax a little hotter, you may not be happy with this machine.
This is a top-quality soft wax kit that comes with everything you need to get started, the one downside being the lack of temperature control.
Koval Inc. Deluxe Professional Double Wax Warmer
This double warmer is a salon staple as it allows you to use both hard and soft wax at the same time. It’s a great idea if you want to complete all your hair removal in one session, without cleaning in between.
Both elements have temperature control, an on-off switch and an indicator light letting you know when it’s up to temperature. Both pots are also easy to remove and clean and fit a variety of wax tins.
- Each pot has its own temperature control for precision.
- Easy-to-use carry handles and removable pots to help save you time.
- Non-stick rubber feet.
- Not the best looking warmer out there.
If you’ve been waxing at home for a while and want to use soft wax for legs and hard wax for sensitive areas, then a double wax warmer is a great idea.
Satin Smooth Professional Single Wax Warmer
This is a professional, salon-quality wax warmer that can reliably be left on for long periods unsupervised (which is more than you can say for some of the cheaper models).
It heats up the wax in just 30 minutes once the element is up to temperature, and the temperature gauge is accurate and easy to adjust. The whole thing is also really compact and transportable, measuring less than 5” tall.
- Adjustable temperature gauge.
- The on-off button has a little cover to keep it safe from drips.
- The lid is removable but also can be a flap so you don’t have to find somewhere to put it.
- Fits 14 oz. cans.
- Takes a little while to heat up (allow an hour or 2).
This wax heater is literally what the professionals use so your wax is in very safe hands.
Gigi Space Saver Hair Removal Wax Warmer
This is a truly tiny little wax warmer, but that’s kind of the whole point of it. It’s designed to save space when you don’t have much available and just want to do a quick, small waxing job.
At just under 6” wide by 4” high, it does just that, providing a super cute and convenient option if you only wax one part of your body.
The only downside is that there is no temperature control, just an on-off switch with a light indicator.
- Compatible with both 14 oz. and 8 oz. wax tins.
- Affordable for a professional quality product.
- Ideal size for small bathrooms or traveling with.
- No temperature control, this is an on-off deal.
- No lid… but this could help to keep an eye on things and it’s less cleaning too.
This is a reliable and convenient little warmer from Gigi if you only need something for small jobs and don’t mind the lack of temperature control (ie. turning it off and on again).
Salon Sundry Hot Wax Warmer
This wax warmer prides itself on providing heat quickly and evenly, meaning you don’t need to wait long for your wax to be ready.
The adjustable thermostat means you can turn down the heat to maintain an even consistency, and its versatile design means you can use all kinds of wax.
The whole thing is also a convenient, compact size so if you want to take it away with you, that wouldn’t be too hard.
- Temperature dial gives options from medium heat to hot.
- Suitable for use with all varieties of wax.
- See-through lid and removable metal wax bucket.
- Holds up to 18 fl. oz. of wax and different sized wax jars.
- The high heat is almost too high and needs to be watched closely.
- It takes a long time to cool down.
This is an affordable and effective little wax warmer that could be a great option if you’re willing to experiment and watch closely with the temperature settings to prevent any over-heating disasters.
Femiro Home Waxing Kit
This is an affordable but good quality little wax warmer with a few extra thoughtful touches that set it apart from the crowd.
For example, the metal rod that goes across the pot to wipe the applicator on may seem like a little thing but it’s huge from a practicality standpoint. There’s a lot less mess and cleaning up to do afterward with this little gem in on the action.
- Comes with 4 flavors of hard wax beads.
- Easy to clean up (just wait ‘til the wax is hard and peel it off).
- The metal bar to wipe the applicator on saves the sides from getting messy.
- 8-10 minutes to heat up and melt the wax.
- Adjustable temperature control.
- No anti-slip rubber feet so it’s a two-handed job.
This wax warmer has one of the most accurate temperature controls of wax warmers out there so if that’s important to you then this warmer is a winner.
BFULL Wax Warmer
This wax warmer is pretty similar to the Femiro above but without the awesome applicator scraper bar.
It heats the wax quickly, has a clear removable lid and removable pot and is compatible with all kinds of wax. It heats the wax quickly in just 7 minutes and comes with 3 flavors of FDA approved hard wax beads.
- Adjustable temperature control.
- Clear lid and removable tin.
- Included rings make for easy cleanup.
- No cons at this price point.
This wax warmer is impressive quality for its price, easy to use and effective.
iMeshbean Roll-on Wax Heater
This product is a quick and mess-free way to achieve salon results at home and could be the best roll-on wax warmer.
You use the wax supplied with the roll-on applicator and remove it with the supplied strips. There are two different kinds of wax so you can choose your favorite and re-order.
- Simple to use and clean compared to electric wax heaters.
- Mess-free and no need for applicators – great for travel.
- Comes with 100 wax strips so you’ll be set for a while.
- Wax heater is slow and may not get hot enough for the roller to work effectively.
- The wax is not suitable for sensitive areas so it’s really just for leg and arm waxing.
Roll-on wax heaters are great to take with you if you’re going on a trip and are worried about regrowth on your legs, and this one is a great price and works well.
It won’t replace your wax warmer, but it’s an additional product in your waxing armory!
How to Choose the Best Wax Warmer for Your Needs
Every body is different (see what I did there?)…
But no, seriously, some people just wax their armpits, some just their legs, some just their upper lip or eyebrows, and some everywhere.
Sidenote: if I’d have to choose eyebrow threading vs waxing vs plucking, I’m definitely going for waxing because it’s the quickest method which makes it the least painful (for me)!
Different body parts can require different kinds of wax and different amounts of wax, resulting in different types and sizes of wax warmers. Then there’s your budget to consider, and which details are your priority.
For example, for some people, adjustable temperature control is a deal-breaker. While for others, a see-through lid or the ability to use different kinds of wax is really important.
If you know you mostly use small amounts of hard wax for your face, then you can buy a smaller wax warmer designed just for hard wax.
If you know you’re going to wax multiple body parts, then you’ll be looking for a larger capacity wax warmer with an effective thermostat to keep the wax at the right temperature.
The Best Wax Warmers Will Have These Things
- Heat up quickly (less than ten minutes).
- Have a thermo-control setting to maintain a consistent heat.
- Have an easy-to-read, accurate temperature control panel.
- Have a removable pot for easy cleaning.
- Have a clear lid so you can see your wax melting.
- Be suitable for melting both soft wax and hard wax.
- Be made of high-quality materials so that the elements can withstand high temperatures.
- Provide all this without spending a fortune.
But there aren’t many products that combine all of these elements all at once. Or, not many that are affordable anyway.
You can usually save money by compromising on a couple of things once you decide what your priorities are.
Tips for a Successful Wax
Using your wax warmer effectively may take a bit of practice.
Figuring out the best temperature for your particular kind of wax and your warmer is the main deal here.
Too cool and your wax will end up lumpy and hard to spread. Too hot and you could burn yourself. It’s a fine balance to strike but most waxes, hard waxes in particular, are best applied as hot as you can safely handle.
You can only really figure this out with trial and error – but try not to burn yourself in the process!
Always do a patch test. Put a small amount on the inner part of your wrist – if it’s too hot, immediately take it off (with a wax removing wipe, or something oily, to avoid spreading the wax over your wrist) and wait for the wax to cool off a bit.
They’re there for a reason!
I know, reading instructions can be dry and boring, but if it means you can get the most out of your wax warmer and help it to have a long and happy life, it’s worth it.
Another thing that might take a bit of experimentation is how to clean out your wax pot once you’re done.
This is where having a removable wax pot is really important…
The easiest way is to heat the pot up to a higher temperature than you would for waxing so that the wax becomes a thinner consistency.
Remove the pot and pour the wax into a container for reusing, scraping the sides to remove as much as possible.
Then, leave the pot to cool and use a plastic scraper to scrape out any remaining wax. Some wax warmers come with a special cleaning solution for the final clean, but if yours doesn’t, you can use mineral oil to wipe out the remainder.
Finally, it’s time to sanitize to make sure your pot doesn’t harbor any bacteria that could make your next waxing session a recipe for folliculitis.
If you have a metal pot, you could use hot water and either vinegar or dishwashing liquid. Alternatively, you could give it a wipeout with an antibacterial wipe.
That rounds out this article on the best wax warmers for waxing at home.
It may feel like a daunting proposition at first, but once you realize how much time and money you can save, it makes so much sense.
There should be something to suit your budget and priorities on the list above.
Good luck with your search and happy waxing!